Lion OSX clean install with a recovery USB drive?

Reaction score
Im looking for upgrading my Hard disk to a SSD drive but I have in mind to do a clean install as advised by OWC. I have a DVD with Lion OSX installer but also a recovery USB drive and I would like to know how is better and also how to do that with detailed instructions. I look for some help in this issue. Thanks in advance. :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go with OWC's advise and do a clean install. Use the USB thumb drive if Lion is on it. DVD version need to verify prior to each opening and that can take a long long time.

OP
J
Reaction score
Can you be a little more instructive please and give a detailed instruction on how to do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Got Mountain Lion onto your USB thumb drive and connected to your Mac? Proceed by booting, hold down Option and select the thumb drive, Mountain Lion opens, format hard drive for a clean install or just upgrade. Have found upgrade to work perfectly on an iMac.

How to Make a Bootable OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion USB Install Drive

OP
J
Reaction score
Got Mountain Lion onto your USB thumb drive and connected to your Mac? Proceed by booting, hold down Option and select the thumb drive, Mountain Lion opens, format hard drive for a clean install or just upgrade. Have found upgrade to work perfectly on an iMac.

How to Make a Bootable OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion USB Install Drive

Well, I forgot to tell that Im waiting for a Crucial m4 512 Gb SSD and my plans are to make a clean install of Lion OSX. It is possible to do as your advice directly, (hold down Option selective the thumb drive) to the new drive after install in the bay place of the old HDD? I must remember that the thumb drive is configured as a Recovery drive. It is the same? or it is better to do that with the DVD Lion OSX installer?
Thank you again
Josef

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.