Bad news on HDMI Cable Not Working With OS.X Mountain Lion

Reaction score
I am not sure what you mean by 2 round and 2 square boxes, it should be an icon on top screen, just like bluetooth icon, volume icon etc when hook up with tv and mbp; when tv and mbp both turned on, click the mirror icon on your mbp, the image of mbp should be in sync with tv.

Right, sorry i get what you mean now. I checked that box at preferences etc (I did already before) but there's no icon different than the ones I had showing in my menu bar. Now what? The TV keeps telling me 'no signal'.

Reaction score
Right, sorry i get what you mean now. I checked that box at preferences etc (I did already before) but there's no icon different than the ones I had showing in my menu bar. Now what? The TV keeps telling me 'no signal'.

WAIT I just changed to another hdmi port and the symbol did show up, but my tv is still telling me 'no signal' with a full black screen!

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
'no signal' should be good sign, click on the 'display' icon, see how it works else
shut down tv and mbp, reboot mbp and turn on tv see you can get the image on the tv screen.

Reaction score
Well this is getting strange, the menu bad icon dissappeared as I pulled the adapter from by MBP and I haven't managed to get it back eversince (just before, the tv even did show my MBP's screen!). But whatever I'm doing now, i don't manage to get the icons back!

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
back to post # 17 see if the box is checked. you are getting close to work. Make sure the connection is right.

Reaction score
I'm suspecting more and more this is a real strange flaw of the software, the icon won't return even after having tried t reconnect everything is all possible orders (also just like i did when it did show up). Any wiz-kid that has experience with this or am i simply screwed?

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
check if there is any loose connection, it is strange.

Reaction score
Recently I just bought a MacBook Air with Mountain Lion preinstalled. Previously I was using a MacBook Pro (it was now STOLEN! :Shouting:) and always connect the MBP to my TV set. When I plug-in the Mini-Display to HDMI cable (same cable I use with my MBP) to the TV, black screen appeared. After I change the screen resolution ( System Preferences > Displays) from Best to fit screen to scaled (try for each of the resolution), then the video & sound appears on the screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.