Some questions about macbook!

Reaction score
Hi all, i often read on this site about many topics, cause i like apple devices, but this time i was thinking about buy some new notebook. I actually have 2 budget acer windows notebooks, and was planning to buy on christmas a new one, but better. I'm starting to save money, and think to spend about 1500€... (like 2000$?) and got a nice idea: let's buy a mac!
I remember my friend had (some years ago) the macbook white, and was fantastic, now if find some macbook pro with quadcore at low price i think also would be great, do you think that he will last for something like 5 year? I hate to change thing too often, and normal notebook get really slow after years of use.. i remember the mb white was great even after some years... do the new macs are also great?
And do they become too hot? I don't like computers that get too hot fast, but heard about the ''overheating problem'' in some macbooks... is that a real problem or only a rare thing?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Yes Mac's don't run into the slow down issue over time and work great. A nicely equipped Macbook Pro will run you close to $2000..

You can take a look at the refurb store to pick one that will cost you less.

Be sure not to upgrade the memory from Apple but rather do that yourself later on if you need to, that'll save a lot of money..

5 years sounds like a very reasonable expectation for the computer and you should have no problems with that.

The 13" MBP with faster CPU starts at $1499, and the 15" MBP with the slower CPU starts at $1799..

As an example, the 15" MBP at 2.3 GHz with a 1TB HDD upgrade will run you $1999..

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks really much for your help, do you also know any difference in glossy/matte screens?
I'd like something that save my eyes and even after 2/3 hours without pause won't kill they...

is mattescreen good? i'm thinking for a 15'' with matte screen now ^^ maybe will go in some apple store here in my country to watch what they have then i'll look on online store!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
The glossy screens are highly reflective and a bit distracting in sunlight or with bright lights behind you.

Good advice above about the memory UNLESS you choose a MacBook Air. You are not able to upgrade the memory in those machines later so get the max you feel you will ever need when you order/purchase it. The regular MacBook Pros can have memory added later if you wish.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Yeah, my advice is NOT to buy the MacBook Air with Retina Display, as they can't really be serviced or upgraded by the user at ALL (which would give you much higher expenses if you need a battery replacement or want to upgrade the RAM). I suggest a Matte screen as well, and second a MacBook Pro.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The MBP with Retina has a starting price well over the OP's budget of $2000 thus me looking for things that will come in under $2000..

I have matte screens at work and use that most of the time, but my iMac has a glossy screen and I can't say that I have run into issues with my eyes with either..

OP
T
Reaction score
Ok big thanks, i'll look for some MBP 15'', even with a bit less power, but upgradable in future :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.