Airplay with Mountain Lion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
Hi

Still reading the reviews of ML and negatives about Airplay.

Does this mean that Airplay doesn't work at all unless you have a near new Mac?

I use Airplay for iTunes hook up to Apple TV to play music and video, this seems like
a big one from Apple even if there is a technological reason.

Anyone any recommend for an App or alternative for getting music an video you got on your Mac to
Apple TV?

Kind regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Audio will work via AirPlay on all Mountain Lion compatible Macs.

But video takes advantage of quicksync found in the newer chipsets. It take the load away from the main processor so you can carry on using the Mac without impacting its performance.

There's an alternative called AirParrot that will give you video over AirPlay but it relies far more on CPU grunt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Airplay works fine on mine what are the negatives.

OP
brendan67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
airplay

Audio will work via AirPlay on all Mountain Lion compatible Macs.

But video takes advantage of quicksync found in the newer chipsets. It take the load away from the main processor so you can carry on using the Mac without impacting its performance.

There's an alternative called AirParrot that will give you video over AirPlay but it relies far more on CPU grunt.

Thank you

iTunes audio is all I really use via Apple TV (along with Youtube) for Internet Browsing

Reckon I'll go ahead with ML upgrade

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.