Icloud sync issue

Reaction score
Hope this is the best board to post.

I've been to 2 Apple Genius Bars and still not getting the correct information or solving my problem.

I have a Macbook Pro with 10.7.4 Lion, Icloud and an Ipad (Series 1).

The address book on my laptop is my 'master' all data goes into that. (locally, not on the icloud). The local address book does not sync with the Icloud and then the Ipad. The icloud and Ipad do sync between themselves.

The Genius's checked all the settings, but the local address book is still not syncing with the icloud.

Thoughts?

Stevo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
I do not have an answer to your question but I do have a comment.

Quote "The Genius's checked all the settings but the local address book is still not syncing with the iCloud".
Wow, I cannot believe that they just gave up and left you hanging like that? Apple used to be known for its top "Customer Service". Did they give you any explanation?

DavidH

OP
S
Reaction score
Well, the first guy at one store, thought he fixed it but later i realized he hadn't.

The second guy at a different store said that its because this is how Apple wants us to do it. (even though that doesn't make any sense). I challenged him and decided to just get out of there and try again somewhere else.

He was basically saying that you just have to rethink how you input data and just enter it in the icloud section and let that be the master.

I'm not always online and what is the point of having a local address book if you can't use it properly.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I know you're upset with the "service" you received, but let's watch the language. Our forums are read by folks of all ages and we do like to keep them "G" rated. I've edited your post. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.