Parallels Desktop 7

Reaction score
Hi All,
I've just purchased my new Mac and am a total novice, after using a PC for the last 15years.
I bought the Mac mainly to use for my Website, but I miss some things from Windows plus some games I have, won't transfer to the Mac, so I'm thinking of installing Parallels Desktop 7 and just wondered if anyone else uses this program and what they think of it and does it slow down the speed of the Mac at all. I understand that I have to install Windows 7 onto the Mac, is this done after installing Parallels Desktop 7 or before and is it just a case of putting the Windows 7 Disc into the Disc Drive of the Mac and it installs automatically.
Sorry it's a lot of questions but I just want to be sure before I do anything, ie is it worth doing or will I just be wasting my time.
Cheers Kev

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer and the link to the thread, which I have read, but it's not just the games, I also like to use Microsoft Publisher which won't work on the Mac and I also like the idea of the drag and drop between the two systems.
Cheers Kev.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If you use Microsoft Publisher, then consider giving Apple's Pages a try

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes. iWork Pages. It does very good layout work in addition to being a word processor. There are also other very nice inexpensive graphic layout programs that are as good or better than MS Publisher. I have MS Publisher on my Windows machine but I actually prefer using iStudio Publisher for the Mac. It sells in the Mac App store for $17.99. Developers are from the UK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.