Bought a MacBook pro kijiji. It's a 2012???

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a MacBook pro base model "2012" with 8gb ram and 128 gb ssd on kijiji. EXECPT!!! It has a MagSafe 1!!( which I noticed later). I checked all the info at point of sale. Everything checked out. Intel HD 4000, USB 3,0, blue tooth 4.0. Etc. Warranty expires July 10 2013. Am I on crack or did I get ripped off ?? I'm fully satisfied with the Mac (mined you, it's my first Mac pc). The only thing I haven't been able to confirm, is do
I have an ivy bridge core i5 or a sandy .... Can anyone shade some light on this? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
How do you know it's MagSafe1? The new MagSafes look like the original ones.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Click on the Apple in the upper left corner of your display. Select "About This Mac". Then select "More Info". Now select "System Report".

You should be able to tell exactly what you bought.

OP
J
Reaction score
Click on the Apple in the upper left corner of your display. Select "About This Mac". Then select "More Info". Now select "System Report".

You should be able to tell exactly what you bought.

I did that at point of of sale. Everything was what I thought it should be. I don't what the model or part number of the ivy bridge is though.

OP
J
Reaction score
How do you know it's MagSafe1? The new MagSafes look like the original ones.

Based on pictures, I would say its a MagSafe 1. ( update ) I just checked out a vid on YouTube, the MacBook air and the retina are different but the MacBook pro are the same. Is that about right? I'm not on crack? Lol

Reaction score
yeah, only the Macbook Air's and the Retina Macbook Pro's went to the Magsafe 2.

if you have a standard Macbook Pro then it will be the Magsafe 1. you aren't going crazy, you haven't been ripped off. everything is okay :p

OP
J
Reaction score
yeah, only the Macbook Air's and the Retina Macbook Pro's went to the Magsafe 2.

if you have a standard Macbook Pro then it will be the Magsafe 1. you aren't going crazy, you haven't been ripped off. everything is okay :p

Ok thanks guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.