error box flashing after startup

Reaction score
since installing mountain lion, after i startup my machine not only does my task bar take slow to load but i see a error message box flash across the screen fast. i am not able to tell what the box says because it is so fast but i was wondering if anyone else had the same issue or if anyone knows what i can do to resolve it.

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you checked your system logs to see if the error shows up there?

OP
D
Reaction score
not sure how to do that. i just verified and repaired disc permissions but it is still doing it.
if you can explain how i would check and see I can post it now

OP
D
Reaction score
i am in system information, software logs and there are several logs. which one specifically should I post here?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You don't have to post the log here as it's likely too long and wieldy. Just scan through it to see if you can spot something out of the ordinary.

The log you want is the "Apple System Log (ASL) Messages".

OP
D
Reaction score
yeah I am not sure what is going on. It is getting annoying. Hopefully, an update will fix this problem for me. I never had this happen with snow leopard =(

Reaction score
Right off the top of my head I'd say it's something launchd is starting which is incompatible with ML. Look for something in the system log that says "file not found" or "directory does not exist" or "can not run" , "not loaded" ...
Have you updated all your apps in your Startup LIst?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.