Installed Windows 7 ultimat and cant change back to Mac os

Reaction score
Heey guys and girls.

I just Installed Windows 7 ultimate on my Mackbook pro..
But now i cant change it back to Mac os..
I've tryde to hold Down the option key when i restart, but notning happens..

When i get to the Windows boot screen by pressing F8 on startup i Can only chose the Windows 7 to boot from.

I have tryed to format the window 7 but i wont allown me to do so..

Someone pleas help!!! I need my MacBook Pro back ! :)
//Jobbie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

By the sounds of things you have selected the wrong partition to format NTFS and wiped out the Mac OS X partition. It is very easy to do ~ necessary to follow the guidelines and select the correct partition.

Think your only option now is to format and do a clean install. Then try BootCamp again. Make sure you print the guidelines and download drivers and burn to CD>

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Option should still come up with a boot menu no matter what. Are you holding down OPTION right after the STARTUP sound and keeping it down? You don't just press and release it. A Boot menu should come up.

If you get the boot menu what shows? I am not talking about that Windows 7 menu thing. This is part of the Mac.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Before starting over, try doing a PRAM reset to see if the OS X partition is still intact. If the PRAM reset doesn't work to get you back into OS X, then it might be as Harry stated that you possibly formatted the wrong partition.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Before starting over, try doing a PRAM reset to see if the OS X partition is still intact. If the PRAM reset doesn't work to get you back into OS X, then it might be as Harry stated that you possibly formatted the wrong partition.

What gets me is he stated he held down Option and nothing happened like the boot menu did not pop up which is should no matter what partition he installed to.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
He also mentioned something about pressing F8 upon startup. That sounds like he's booting to Windows 7 safe mode. I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe a PRAM reset will help.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thx for the advise.. I'm going to try the things you Said and give you an update on what happens.. Thx for the help for now..

OP
J
Reaction score
Fixed it! :)

After the PRAM reset it Booted to the Mac OS..

Thx for the help everyone :)

Have a nice day ;)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for posting back. Enjoy Windows and visit us often. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.