Installing windows 8 with VM on Mac OS X

Reaction score
Hi,
How can I install Windows 8 Preview Release on Virtual Machine on Mac OS X 10.7.4 ?
I am trying to install it from .iso file, but the problem is I can't mount it - disk utility says this image can't be recognized.
I am pretty sure I have the right image. Got it from here :
Windows 8 Release Preview ISO formats

Is there maybe any other tool to mount disk images?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
OS X can mount ISO images natively. If you get an error, particularly one that suggests that the image is unrecognizable, it's likely that the image is corrupt. You may have to re-download it.

OP
K
Reaction score
I did re-download 3 times. I don't know what can be wrong with that image and I know I can mount it on Mac natively with Disk utility or in console with dhiutil or diskutil mount - none of these worked for me - still it can't be recognized o_O

EDIT: Actually u were right, but I really did downloaded it 3 times.. It appears all 3 times image from link was bad or something happend to my internet connection what caused damage to downloading proccess and that caused image corruption.
I just downloaded it once again from this link and everything works fine!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.