Mountain Lion Froze Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro i5 with 8gb of Ram
Hi,

Recently after installing OS X Mountain Lion, I was just talking to my friend on Skype and browsing the internet when my Macbook Pro just froze and I had to shutdown the computer and turn it on again. This hasn't happened anymore but should I be worried?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I wouldn't worry about it. It's not uncommon for that to happen with Skype even on older versions of OS X. Make sure though that you keep up with the latest version of Skype by checking to see if they've sent out an update for Mountain Lion.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wouldn't worry about it. It's not uncommon for that to happen with Skype even on older versions of OS X. Make sure though that you keep up with the latest version of Skype by checking to see if they've sent out an update for Mountain Lion.

We'll skype wasn't really what I was focusing on here. I was just focusing on the OS. All I was doing on skype was messageing. Nothing special.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The point is that it may have been Skype that caused the freeze up to happen. As I said above, this has happened even with older versions of OS X and Skype.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The point is that it may have been Skype that caused the freeze up to happen. As I said above, this has happened even with older versions of OS X and Skype.
hm ok. and also when I was preparing to install Mountain Lion, instead of my macbook pro saying "Preparing to Install" it said "Downloading Additional Components." Do you know why it said this or if anyone else has had this happen? Did it say this because I installed it on the computer previously before doing a clean install?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.