trouble getting Mountain Lion up-to-date

Reaction score
I am one of the many people who bought a computer in June with the promise that I would be able to get the new operating system when it was released.

Last Wednesday, I filled out the up-to-date form and (like others) waited many days. On Friday, I got my password protected pdf content code, but no password. I waited. On Saturday, I called Apple support to see what was up. The woman gave me an email ([email protected]) to write and otherwise couldn't really help. She later called to say back to say that my content code was probably a wrong one anyway, and she was asking Apple to send me a new one. A couple hours later, a new code came in - still no password.

I wrote the uptodate support people on Saturday - no reply. I wrote again on Sunday. No reply. I called Apple on Monday - they were nice but could not help. I emailed the uptodate support again with an alternate email and my phone number (in case some mega spam filter is blocking that password email - even though I've gotten all kinds of other messages from Apple).

Has anyone had this problem and been able to solve it? Or does anyone have an alternative solution?

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.