PAGES - Sending/Receiving Documents?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
I have just downloaded Pages on my iPad. I'm working through creating documents, etc.

For documents I already have on my MacBook, how can I send them to my iPad? I'm pretty new to Apple, MacBook and iPad but learning rapidly.

Thank you in advance for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The answer is a free DropBox account. Download from here. You'll need to install it both on your Mac and iPad. It gives you 2 GB of free storage. If you need more storage than that, the free SkyDrive from Microsoft offers 7 GB. Download from here.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The CORRECT answer is to use Documents in the Cloud.

The problem is we don't know which version of OS X the OP is running, hence, my answer. Remember chas, you need Lion 10.7.4 or later to use iCloud and Documents in the cloud.

C

chas_m

Fair point, chscag. Didn't occur to me that he might not be up-to-date.

Also, while I'm clarifying, I should mention that I'm not saying you can't use a third-party cloud storage site if you want to. But I think Dropbox have pretty clearly dropped the ball (though I read that they are bringing in security people to close that barn door), so if you're looking at alternatives check out places like box.net, sugarsync and Microsoft SkyDrive (yes, Microsoft!). They don't (at least yet) seem to have the issues Dropbox has had exposed lately.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.