This would be fantastic......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Mid 2009
Morning guys! (at least where I am)

I was just sitting here thinking as I fumble around with this Apple TV remote that it would be awesome if there was a voice activated searching feature (lets say for YouTube)......I mean, its not THAT big of a pain in the butt to enter text, but it sure would be nice if I could just say, "Ball of Confusion - Widespread Panic" and it pop up as opposed to the scrolling method....or whatever you wanna call it......****, as far as I know there might be something like that available! Just a thought.....

Oh, if there actually is some kind of voice activated option out there please let me know:Blushing:

-be blessed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Morning guys! (at least where I am)

I was just sitting here thinking as I fumble around with this Apple TV remote that it would be awesome if there was a voice activated searching feature (lets say for YouTube)......I mean, its not THAT big of a pain in the butt to enter text, but it sure would be nice if I could just say, "Ball of Confusion - Widespread Panic" and it pop up as opposed to the scrolling method....or whatever you wanna call it......****, as far as I know there might be something like that available! Just a thought.....

Oh, if there actually is some kind of voice activated option out there please let me know:Blushing:

-be blessed!

If you use the remote app on an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch to connect to your AppleTV yo could use the dictation function to to effectively do what you've described

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.