ML- Mail 6 No indicators when "Get Mail" activated

T

Terry_C

In Mail 6 on ML I no longer get the spinning progress indicator against the mailbox in the sidebar when I use the "Get Mail" toolbar button. I just get the sound when presumably its finished syncing - is it just me or has this changed for everyone? I have 4 mailboxes on different ISPs and they are all the same. I am getting many requests to re-enter my passwords on send mail as well - but no option to save them in my keychain - anyone see this as well?

Thanks

iMac
2.0GHZ Intel Core 2
4GB RAM

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Mine does that also. If there is mail to come down then a progress windows on the bottom Left you can enable shows the mail downloading. I DO miss the spinning circle by each box though. Might be a way to enable it but not found it as yet.

Reaction score
With 8 or 10 different email accounts the lack of a progress indicator is a serious shortcoming. I desperately hope someone finds the "magic option" that turns one on!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e
YES! I want the spinning indicator wheel back! That was an incredibly useful visual indicator. Please bring it back!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Am checking around to see if there is a way around it. Will report back if I do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.