Screen Background picture reverting to default when switching user.

Reaction score
iMac with OS X 10.6.8

I have several user accounts on this iMac, each with a different background screen picture chosen from a common folder in library/desktop pictures in the top level of the hard drive.

When I switch from one user account to another, the background picture set on the previous visit is replaced by the default blue background.

This happens happens for switches from any user to another. I tried restarting the system but the problem is still there.

This problem just suddenly started and there have been no upgrades or changes to OS X.

Ideas appreciated!!

David

OP
D
Reaction score
Solution

I've found the answer.
Today, the problem suddenly appeared on my other Mac, which made me look at recent apps..
I installed Team Viewer a month ago, (which is a great app apart from this) so quit it and removed it from the dock. Problem solved!!
The odd thing is that the problem appeared only after I had been using Team Viewer for some weeks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.