• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Strange Story, But Stranger Headline

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Think it must be Wally the Wanker!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Got what he deserved.
We have a law here called "Stupid Motorist Law". If you get stranded by driving into flooded rain water, you are fined and have to pay for your rescue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I feel for the guy on losing his arm and certainly wouldn't wish it on anyone. Still, every so often the ghost of Darwin throws a pop quiz. This guy failed...

13042-MISTAKES-It_could_be_that_the_purpose_of_your_life_is_only_to_serve_as_a_warning_to_other.jpg

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I feel for the guy on losing his arm and certainly wouldn't wish it on anyone. . .

Agree, and my purpose here wasn't to make fun of the guy, but to call attention to the headline.

When you read the headline you get the impression he was fined for allowing the gator to snack on his hand. In the story you find he was hand feeding gators and one took the hand along with the feed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 imac, 2011 13" mbp, Ipad mini, Ipad air
Spent a lot of time in the swamps down here and you would not believe the dumb stuff that doesn't make the news. You know to grab your camera when you hear " Hold my beer,, Ya'll watch this"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Agree, and my purpose here wasn't to make fun of the guy, but to call attention to the headline.

I got that. Wasn't trying to imply that you were. Just trying to say I felt bad for the guy before I inferred he was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
When you read the headline you get the impression he was fined for allowing the gator to snack on his hand. In the story you find he was hand feeding gators and one took the hand along with the feed.

Saved me reading the story now ;) You gotta wonder though how they come up with some headlines !!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.