Bridge Crashing with Mountain Lion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
Panicing as usual.Work sitting here waiting to be done and Bridge will not co-operate. Photoshop and Illustrator (the two I use) are both working fine with ML, but while Bridge will open, the minute you touch it with the cursor at any point it crashes. Using CS5 at present.
Anyone had/having this issue and can save my sorry self?
Thank you very much.

C

chas_m

I've never cared much for Bridge and so I've never really explored it deeply, but my impression is that it's just a glorified cataloging program, so you can certainly use PS and AI without using Bridge. Just open the files from where they are stored the old-fashioned way ... "Open" in the File menu or drag a file onto the program's icon in the dock for starters.

PS. You're two versions behind, you may want to think about upgrading if you want to continue using Bridge.

PPS. You might want to try the solution offered in this thread:

Adobe Forums: After upgrading to OSX-10.8 (mountain lion) CS5 Bridge Crashes when opening.

OP
kathmat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
I work in the area of conceptual art for an event design company, and the easiest way for me to put together a quick down and dirty PDF of "draft" images for the client is through Bridge. Photoshop did away (as I am sure you know :)) with the automate>pdf option in CS5 which makes Bridge the only way to do this other than to use some other application. I can use Keynote but that involves another whole and longer procedure, and when the client is breathing down your neck for some early visuals time is of the essence.
I don't use Illustrator that often unless I am preparing artwork for large images (floors, scrims, stage sets) which include geometric designs or corporate logos. Yes - I know I should upgrade and will do so soon. Again - I used to be able to just buy the "upgrade" to my apps, but this time around could not find an upgrade, only the complete programme and which of course costs more.
Good news though. I ran Onyx on my Mac and it did a brilliant job. Bridge is now working as is everything else. Guessing there was something in one of the caches that was causing a problem.
TTFN

Reaction score
bridge crashes 10.8 mountain lion

can you tell me what you did in onyx
I have the same problem

OP
kathmat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
I see someone else has already answered your question to me :) but in the event something more layman like is needed, I simply downloaded OnyX from Cnet. Followed the prompts and chose the "combo" option for cleanup. Sorry I don't have the app open so I can't tell you exactly which icon it was, but apparently it was the right choice as OnyX did it's thing, shutdown, restarted and everything was great.

Did not use Bridge yesterday, but just to be sure that it was not a fluke the first time that I got it to work I just opened it again to create a PDF (still early here - yawn) and everything is still working perfectly.

Reaction score
no joy

Unfortunately it didnt work for me even after following Chas Ms instructions on his link.
Onyx didnt do it sadly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.