Website optimizing - Comparison Web Site Maestro to Webcrusher

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, iMac, OS 10.13.6, iPhone 6s iOS 15.1, iPad mini, iOS 9.3.5
For website optimization (correcting the code (after or instead of Tidy on BBEdit) and deleting all useless footprint to accelerate the page appearance on the visitor's screen), I have been using Web Site Maestro for a looooong period and found it a 5-star buy. The programmer Ton Brand (Speed Up Your Site with a Reliable and Powerful Website Optimizer from Tonbrand Software) is a serious dutch guy who is always super-responsive to any queries and his software is always super-polished and rock-solid to my goofs, easy to use and well done.:D:D:D

BTW, Web Site Maestro, an original mac creation, is now also available on the Windows environment, which is quite handy if and when I want to pass over webmaster's duty in my bicycling club (website maintenance task) to another cycling chap and this chap happens to be a windows user.

Well, so what ?

Today, in my migration to Lion routine (am still on 10.6), I checked whether or not Web Site Maestro is on the App Store (like BBEdit). I don't need to migrate to the App Store because the Web Site Maestro auto-update feature on the Tonbrand website is outstanding, but I gave the App Store a try. Web Site Maestro is not known on the App Store. Instead, the App Store features an unknown piece of software called WebCrusher (ttp://www.ragesw.com/products/optimize-web-sites.html). The sole side-to side comparison I found was on the Rage website, not to be trusted.

I do not intend to migrate away from Web Site Maestro but can contribute to a comparison should anyone in this forum care.

Does anyone on this forum have relevant experience in a side-to-side comparison to share? (like: why did the App Store gurus select the Webcrusher unknown (to me) software instead of Web Site Maestro?).

TIA

Reaction score
I have used both and I very much prefer webcrusher by Rage. I found it to be much easier to use and it reduced the size of my web site a lot more than Web site Maestro did.

WebCrusher also has a windows version.

Support was very good whenever I contacted Rage for help. I highly recommend it.

OP
michelangelo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, iMac, OS 10.13.6, iPhone 6s iOS 15.1, iPad mini, iOS 9.3.5
Thanks. As I am satisfied with WebSiteMaestro, I will stick to direct downloads.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.