Question about notification centre and Twitter integration

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Core i3 iMac 500GB 8 GB RAM
Hi Guys,

Like in the subject, Notification centre seems to be working perfectly with iMessage, mail, other programs, but Twitter doesn't work. I added an account in preferences but still no reaction. I had Tweetbot installed earlier and I also downloaded the Twitter app from the Appstore, didn't work with them, doesn't work without them :)

Any suggestions ? :)

Thank you for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, iPod Video, iPod Nano Chrome 16gig
How do you mean, doesn't work? Do you not get any notifications at all?

Have you checked in the notification part of the settings menu that twitter has notifications turned on? (I know its obvious, but sometimes its the most simple issue - as I know from personal experience!)

----

My issue isn't much of an issue, but when you recieve a twitter notification, and you click 'Show' can you get it to open in an app (such as the Twitter app, tweetdeck or similar) or does in only open twitter in a browser?

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Clueless,

Thanks for your reply,

As for your question, I don't get any notifications whatsoever, with or without any third-party apps. Where exactly do you mean I should turn it on ? I don't see an option to do that anywhere.

I've added my account in the preferences and Twitter is in the notification centre, but still no notifications.

Thanks for help again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Open the System Preferences, in the top left is the notifications option (black square, red dot) - if you have an iphone or iPad you might be pretty familiar with this already, but essentially, in the right hand column is a list of apps.

Make sure Twitter is in the top half, under the heading in the notification centre. If it is, click on twitter, then make sure either Banners or Alerts is selected, and not None.

Hopefully that's pretty clear, if not, I'll do it again with screenshots ;)

Hope that helps in some way?

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's exaclty what I've done, but still no notifications from Twitter, which is funny, because I do have the Click to tweet button in my Notification Centre :(. Do you use any Twitter client like Twitter from Appstore or the TweetBot thingy ? Thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have started using the twitter one tonight, but I had it working before hand. The way I set my twitter up was by accessing the twitter via safari, then there was simply a pop up box that asked for access to my twitter details (or words to that effect) and from then, I got notifications etc.

I'm afraid I only got ML last night, so I'm not very experienced with it. Hopefully one of the others will jump on here soon and clear it all up...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As a side note, until you get sorted, I believe an app would do the safe job - I've gone with Tweetbot Alpha, but there are loads out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I'm using Tweetbot and notifications show up. You have to select what notifications you want to show from the Tweetbot preferences. The System Prefs Notifications section are where you enable Tweetbot to show up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm using Tweetbot and notifications show up. You have to select what notifications you want to show from the Tweetbot preferences. The System Prefs Notifications section are where you enable Tweetbot to show up.

Tweetbot is doing everything I wanted - and it also informed me I was within the first 20million twitter users. Quite impressed by that...

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi guys, still no success. I downloaded TweetBot, I changed the options in the notifications tab in Tweetbot, activated Twitter in the Notification centre, but still no notifications :(, I don't know what I'm doing wrong... Can you post some screenshots of your settings ? Maybe I didn't tick or untick something.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.