Windows 7 won't let me connect to the internet while running bootcamp

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought Windows 7 home premium 64 bit for my iMac and most everything is running smoothly, besides one thing. I have been unable to connect to the internet through Windows 7. In fact, it won't even recognize any networks..Is there anyway I can fix this problem?

Thank you,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
does it even show the network adapters? Also, did you install the bootcamp utilities/driver disk after installing Windows 7 onto your Mac?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No, Microsoft is Apples enemy and will never include anything to help you install on a Mac. :D

What Mac is this and what version of OSX? Do you have a DVD that came with your Mac?

When you run Bootcamp assistant it asks you right at the beginning to download the drivers. Been a while but it always did for me.

OP
O
Reaction score
It is the mid 2011 21.5 inch iMac and when I bought this computer nothing from windows came with it besides microsoft office. I even got the free trial of the paralels software and clicked set up in the windows support folder I created when I paritioned my disk and it still didn't work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 macbook pro. 4g ram 2.4ghz intel i5
are you using wifi. if so you have to have the drivers installed for the internet to work. windows doesn't know how to use your computer so you have to install the drivers to make it work. I am using boot camp to install windows on my computer and it asks you to download to drivers so you can probably use those. go into mac and run boot camp assistant. check the box that says download windows suport software but not the install windows 7 box download it onto a dvd or thumb drive. then go to the windows side open up the folder and run the setup.exe that should install the drivers and fix the problem.
hope this works.
by the way the windows suport software is the drivers.
sorry for all the typos i am a really bad speller :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The very first step of installing Windows is printing and reading the guidelines, and then downloading drivers and burning to a CD. After Windows installs, insert the CD and run, or if it fails to do so, run manually through My Computer/DVD drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.