Deleting files on CD-RW

S

Slinky

hi.. i was wonder how do i delete files that are burned on a CD-RW on a ibook? Just drag everything in the CD to the trash?

Reaction score
I haven't tried it in a while but i seem to remember it being a pian to delete individual files. I think you have to copy the stuff to your computer then erase the whole disc (dragging to the trash should do it) and re-write it with just the stuff you want.

I remember windows being able to just delete individual files but this was an illision and it actually does the above without telling you.

Maybe there's a third party app that hides the process as well but i couldnt find one.

Try versiontracker.com

M

Reaction score
Roxio makes an app that does that for Windows. It's called Drag-to-Disc. Part of the Easy CD Creator package. You can just add and remove anythiing from a CD/DVD one file at a time.

Maybe they make it for Mac also.

OP
S

Slinky

oic.. hmm.. i went to the Apple shop and check it out and the guy told me i have to purchase programs like Toast to actually delete items on CD-RW.. and i wasn't ready to fork out tat amount of money yet.. :(

OP
J

jn4jenny

Slinky said:
oic.. hmm.. i went to the Apple shop and check it out and the guy told me i have to purchase programs like Toast to actually delete items on CD-RW.. and i wasn't ready to fork out tat amount of money yet.. :(

With the low cost of CD-RW's, I guess I don't see the point of such a program. Just copy everything off the CD-RW back onto the iBook adn burn it onto a new CD-R or CD-RW.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.