Installing SSD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro: 2.3Ghz i5 Processer, 8GB RAM, OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD
Hey everyone, I recently got an OCZ Agility 3 SSD and I had a few questions about installing it. I have watched plenty of tutorials and I noticed in one of them it said I should disconnect the batter before doing anything. Should I do this? If it isn't something that is required I would rather not mess with something I don't have to and risk messing something up.
Thanks!!!!

Reaction score
It's a safety precaution, concerning applying unexpected power to parts you are working on (for the machine's safety, not yours).

I've worked on notebooks a lot - never bothered to disconnect the battery, never had an issue.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's a safety precaution, concerning applying unexpected power to parts you are working on (for the machine's safety, not yours).

I've worked on notebooks a lot - never bothered to disconnect the battery, never had an issue.

Alright. Is it something that is difficult to do? Or is it really simple to disconnect the battery? If is something that could potentially harm my Mac I would rather not do it. But if it is a very simple process then I wouldn't mind taking that precaution.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
It's pretty easy. When you remove the bottom panel of your MBP, there is a tab for where the battery connector attaches to the logic board. Just pull up the tab and you are set to install the SSD.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's pretty easy. When you remove the bottom panel of your MBP, there is a tab for where the battery connector attaches to the logic board. Just pull up the tab and you are set to install the SSD.

Alright I'll do that. Thank you very much for your help!!!!

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I installed it and it is seriously lightning fast!!!!! It transferred a 1GB file in like 5 seconds, while my original HDD would have taken few minutes!! I love it so far! I am planning on using my old HDD as an external drive. By the way, I did disconnect the battery from the logic board if you were wandering.
Thanks again for your help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.