Snow leopard to Lion

Reaction score
I lost preview on my imac with snow leopard, can I upgrade to lion to get it back? I lost my install cds. What do I do if this happens again once I upgrade to get preview back (thats if the lion upgrade will get it back) since there are no longer install cds?

Reaction score
Lion is just a desktop OS, you can't get Preview back upgrading to Lion. Try to reboot from your hard disk. There is a complete guide on how to reboot in the apple webpage in the support section.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Preview comes with OSX. It's not additional software. Only thing I am not sure about is if Lion will just upgrade what you have installed or install everything included deleted apps as I have never deleted any included apps from my OSX.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
If you download and run the ComboUpdater for Snow Leopard it should reinstall Preview. But, since you don't have your install disks and Snow Leopard is no longer available, you ought to consider upgrading to Mountain Lion if your Mac will run it.
If you can and decide to, be sure to create a bootable USB drive before installing the new OS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.