Mid 2012 macbook pro 13 usb/logicboard issue

Reaction score
i have had my macbook pro 13 inch i7 since beginning of july.I plugged in a usb device a week ago and it my macbook pro had an instant death. i got it back yesterday and i tried plugging a new usb device in and it went dead again. i went back to apple store this morning and they just gave me a new one because they said since its not even a month old it would be better to just replace it.

and there other people when i went to the apple store who are having similar problems.

has anyone else heard of this issue?

Reaction score
Well, crap!

I'm expecting my 15" to arrive on Monday or Tuesday. I'll be sure to inspect it for this issue. Thanks for the heads up.

Reaction score
has anyone else heard of this issue?

Don't know about the logic board but on my Macbook Pro 13" mid-2012 while in windows both my usb ports stopped recognizing any usb devices I try to connect. Seems to know I'm connecting a device, but no matter what it is - doesn't recognize it and nothing comes up.

Bought the MBP in September had been working largely fine-ish up until now, I've only met software design issues/programmer idiocies in windows & osx thus far, but a HW issue is a first. :Angry:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.