PowerPoint 2011 issues

Reaction score
Can anyone help me? I'm having a couple issues with PowerPoint 2011.

I need to edit a movie clip, it's about 30 sec long and I need it to be 10 sec or so. My college book (Microsoft 2010) says I should be able to use the Trim Video feature, but I can't find it anywhere on my program. It's like looking for the Yeti.

Another issue is breaking down and editing a graphic. I need to take apart the layers of a graphic and change parts of it, like changing the color of the flower from red to yellow and changing the hue of the leaves. The book says to use Grouping, but that doesn't work on my stuff. Grouping does something different in my PowerPoint, it changes the layers of my document.

Can anyone help? I've looked all over youtube and other sites and I can't figure it out. Thanks! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
Im not sure about the grouping question but as for your trimming a movie clip it looks like it wasn't added into the mac version, here is a answer to a similar question asked on Microsoft answers
Jim Gordon Mac MVP replied on November 11, 2011
MVP Community Moderator
The Trim video option did not make it into PowerPoint for Mac. To encourage Microsoft to include this feature in a future release, please send a feature suggestion to Microsoft using this link:

Contact Us: Product Support | Office For Mac

OP
K
Reaction score
Im not sure about the grouping question but as for your trimming a movie clip it looks like it wasn't added into the mac version, here is a answer to a similar question asked on Microsoft answers
Jim Gordon Mac MVP replied on November 11, 2011
MVP Community Moderator
The Trim video option did not make it into PowerPoint for Mac. To encourage Microsoft to include this feature in a future release, please send a feature suggestion to Microsoft using this link:

Contact Us: Product Support | Office For Mac

You just saved me a lot of stress. I was going nuts looking for that feature. Thank you so much!

A

Aviator86

PowerPoint 2011 on Mac

I finally found this thread after searching for about 45 minutes in an attempt to discover the method for trimming video. I appreciate the info and the link to Microsoft for feedback. I left a suggestion for them; however, being that this thread hasn't been active in years and there is yet to be trim implementation, I'm not holding my breath. How does such a staple ability like this get overlooked?:Not-Amused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.