iMac early 2008

Reaction score
Hi Guys

so i have a problem with. iMac early 2008 (*core 2 duo 3.06 ghz 2gb ram). The computer was passed down to me so it doesn't have a hard drive nor the original disks. So i installed a new harddrive and have a bootable usb with lion on it. i know the usb works, cause i tried it on my macbook pro and a mac pro. But the issue is if i boot up the lion install it freezes on the apple logo with the spinning thing. i tried verbose mode and get a nstat lookup entry failed: 2
along other stuff that i going to take a picture later today. Also i've tested the ram already (removing it and booting it with one piece, switching slots) and that doesn't change anything

Thanks guys for your help

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Did you format the new HD for use with a Macintosh computer before attempting the Lion install (Mac OS extended-journaled)?

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
Did you format the new HD for use with a Macintosh computer before attempting the Lion install (Mac OS extended-journaled)?

- Nick

Yea totally did i formatted it 4 times. i dont think the nstat error as to do with anything but what else can it be?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.