iMac won't turn on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo (Early 2006)
Just yesterday my iMac stopped working. I was using it, then went to tend to my baby daughter, and when I returned, it was off. Now It won't even turn on anymore. Why has it done this? I checked the power lead and I have even left it unplugged overnight with nothing attached (like USB's) and still nothing.....

I have a intel iMac 2006 with iSight.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm going to try and check the plug fuse first. Hope it's not internal....not sure what I would do if it was.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
The power supply in your iMac is running while mains is applied. You can meter the output for 12V to determine if it has failed. Only Friday had one, apparently dead. Dropped another one in to check all else was OK, that was dead too. This was the exception, but something else had failed and was current limiting the power supply. Mostly it's the power supply that fails.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well just changed the fuse in the plug and as soon as I turned the plug on, we heard a pop.....we heard this pop before actually when I wasn't at my mac (tending to my daughter), but we just thought it was the plastic on a water bottle that had popped out or something (one was on my desk near the mac). So it's something internally that has gone as we retried the fuse in another plug and it worked fine. So could it be the power supply inside?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
All I can say is it's "probably" the power supply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.