Menu Bar in Full screen wont appear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz,13'' macbook white, 20" iMac, 16GB iPhone 3G white.
Hey everyone,

I recently updated to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard on release day. Although I am relatively unfamiliar with the full screen apps Lion + ML have started enabling I seem to be having an issue.

I started using fullscreen mode with Safari and noticed I lost my menu bar. I soon found that moving my cursor up to the top of the screen made the bar come back into place.

HOWEVER, about a day ago it stopped working! Is there something that has happened to stop this from working? It's quite annoying as once I'm in fullscreen mode I cannot leave it without hitting the esc button, which closes my browser down losing my websites and work I have done.

This problem also persists in other apps that I fullscreen, I merely used safari as an example because its one I would like to use most in fullscreen.

Is there any other way I can make the menubar show up again? And is there a reason moving my cursor to the stop of the screen no longer brings up the menubar?

I am running ML on Mid 2009 MBP OSX 10.8

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide :)

Reaction score
Same problem

Hey everyone,

I recently updated to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard on release day. Although I am relatively unfamiliar with the full screen apps Lion + ML have started enabling I seem to be having an issue.

I started using fullscreen mode with Safari and noticed I lost my menu bar. I soon found that moving my cursor up to the top of the screen made the bar come back into place.

HOWEVER, about a day ago it stopped working! Is there something that has happened to stop this from working? It's quite annoying as once I'm in fullscreen mode I cannot leave it without hitting the esc button, which closes my browser down losing my websites and work I have done.

This problem also persists in other apps that I fullscreen, I merely used safari as an example because its one I would like to use most in fullscreen.

Is there any other way I can make the menubar show up again? And is there a reason moving my cursor to the stop of the screen no longer brings up the menubar?

I am running ML on Mid 2009 MBP OSX 10.8

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide :)

I have this exact same issue. It's very annoying. Mines a mid 2009 3.06GHz dual-core w/ 8GB DDR2 RAM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.