Warning Message/Discard or Keep

Reaction score
I'm new to the imac and have just installed my wifi Kodak ESP7 Printer using the original installation disc which is about 12 months old, everything went OK but being 12 months old after the installation finished it wanted to update the software, I was redirected to the Kodak website where I chose the update I thought I needed which covered Macintosh OS X v10.5x, 10.6x, 10.7x & 10.8x "my Mac is brand new" but when I clicked to download I had this message pop-up.
This type of file can harm your computer do you want to keep Kodak AIO Printer dmg anyway?
Then there were two click buttons one with Discard and the other with Keep, at the beginning of the message was an Orange Triangle with an exclamation mark inside it.
What am I doing wrong please.
Thanks and kind regards Kevin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You are doing nothing wrong

Since the Kodak software is not from a source OXS can entirely trust it's going to warn you.

But you have chosen to download that software, you can trust Kodak so continue to download and install

The warning is there to stop websites attempting to auto download installers without the user's knowledge.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.