Monitor Setup

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro with a mini display port. I would like to hook up two monitors via DVI, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to need in order to do this. I think I need a DVI splitter with one input and two outpts. Is this correct? Should I get something like a KVM switch or will a cable with an in and two outs work?

Also, after I get everything set up and my Mac is running, I want to be able to shut the screen on the laptop but still be able to do work without my Mac going to sleep. Is it possible to do this? I would want the dock to show up on one of the monitors.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
This should do the trick. You might give them a call to check it out. They are pretty helpful.

The other alternative is to use a device that plugs into the USB port. One monitor connects through the display port as usual. The second screen connects to the USB device. Here's a review of one of them. There are others which may be better and not have the same limitations. I have not looked at this issue in a while.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.