Need advice

Reaction score
I am new to apple products and I am looking for some advice. I have always wanted to switch and a new partner has moved me into Apple through his company. He buys and sells used Apple products and says that I need to learn them as well as use them. I agree. I am trying to find some folks here who will offer me some feedback and guidance.

Thanks
Galen

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Best bet is to start with the Switchers Forum and do some reading, then post any specific questions. We are here to help, and welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP Intel Core i7, iPhone 4s, iPhone 2g, iPad 2, iPod mini, iMac Intel Core 2 duo
Greetings

If you have any specific questions I'll be glad to offer my thoughts. I just signed up as a member yesterday but I've been checking out this site for years. I felt it was time to join, share and learn with the folks here so I welcome you to me sir Galen :)

I have been using Apple products hardcore since 1991, I know many things but I don't profess to be a know it all. I'll gladly admit its not my area and try to direct you to the right place. My area of expertise is specifically video editing Final Cut Pro and digital media production. I also have tons of experience with iPhonography, podcasting, social media, IOS blah blah blah I don't know I just enjoy gabbing about all things Apple so we can start there. :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome to the forums. Ditto what my friend said.

@ Razormac How am I going to win the unofficial title of forum ambassador if you keep welcoming new members before me? lol

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Welcome to the forums. Ditto what my friend said.

@ Razormac How am I going to win the unofficial title of forum ambassador if you keep welcoming new members before me? lol

Perhaps we could make it an official title? ;)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Then what? A virtual duel to see who wins? As a perk the winner could be next in line of succession when van smith takes over the world.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Then what? A virtual duel to see who wins? As a perk the winner could be next in line of succession when van smith takes over the world.
I've decided to take the title myself. One of the perks of being an admin - I'm the title sheriff. ;)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So, I guess that makes you next in line to succeed yourself??? How does that work.

This thread is suddenly making my head hurt.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
So, I guess that makes you next in line to succeed yourself??? How does that work.
It just does. I'm testing the adage "power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" by taking all the power. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G
This thread suddenly became an Instant Messaging. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro w/ Retina (Personal) and iMac (Work)
I had to take training classes to learn the mac but the most useful training was not the courses but an actual video of this guy showing all the cool stuff he can do. When you see something like that, pause the video and try emulating what they are doing then that encourages you to learn more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.