Is my lost iPad gone for good?

Reaction score
Hey everybody

Curious to know your opinion. I recently just lost my ipad :'( and I'm wondering if I should just give up the idea of me finding it (not sure if it was stolen or if I left it someplace). I tried locking it from icloud but the ipad has yet been connected to the internet. I tried sending messages to the ipad but without the internet, it's useless. It's been missing since the 24th and they still haven't connected it to the internet. I figure they would accidentally connect it to the internet because a iPad without 3g is pretty useless without a internet connection.

Should I assume it's a goner and someone has already found/stolen it, wiped it, and using it as their own?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Sorry to here of the loss.
Have you backtracked from the time you lost it until where you think it could be ? Personally i wouldn't be giving up.
Did it have a Passworded LockScreen ?? If not log into iCloud.com and remotely lock it and send a msg asking for it to be returned or to ring you for a small reward on its return. But yes if it was me i would be backtracking and using Find My Phone and be using that to try and locate it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacBook Pro
Have you contacted your local law enforcement agency to make a lost or stolen property inquiry?

OP
T
Reaction score
I've tried retracing my steps. Nothing was turned in to the coffee shop I was in, the bus station, and school. I called lost and found several times but nothing and nothing was turned into the police. I actually tried sending a message but the iPad is never connected to the internet. I would think it would be connected at least once because internet for an ipad is important.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well from past experience in learning about phones being lost and sending msg's, if you can't get it to receive one bc through iCloud its not showing up, then i would say it is lost. I say this, because human nature would in fact want you to turn the device on so you can then check it out. See if it is in fact locked, and not usable or unlocked and usable and when i have my self a $500 toy :)
Unless you have some crafty bugger that knows whats going on and isn't like a kid a Christmas and wants to open his present, then i would bet it is indeed lost :( Sorry

OP
T
Reaction score
I figured the worst. Le sigh.... :'(

Personally, I think what scares me is that they haven't wiped my ipad and they can see me updating my photostream and see my text messages through imessage. :(:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I figured the worst. Le sigh.... :'(

Personally, I think what scares me is that they haven't wiped my ipad and they can see me updating my photostream and see my text messages through imessage. :(:(

Well if they don't connect to the www then they won't be able to, but you do have to sleep :(

OP
T
Reaction score
I do have to sleep....the thought of what they could do with it has kept me up. I should just let it go

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would for a time have iCloud in a separate Tab open and check it periodically, as iif it does pop up on the radar, then the Map will show the last position it was on the net, and then you have somewhere to start.
Make a police report of it being stolen, so if it does pop up they have somewhere to start to :)

Good luck

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks TattooedMac! I tried keeping icloud open as long as possible. None of my messages have been received since I realized it was missing. I should just program a wipe just in case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I should just program a wipe just in case.
that will bugger them then :Mischievous: Wont be able to get into your stuff but they could with time have a working iPad :(

Oh but having iCloud.com open then find my phone, when they come on the grid, it will pin point a spot and that will be on the map for ou to see even if they go off the grid not long after. Its a starting point. Don't worry about trying to msg's since that won't happen with it off the inter web

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.