New iPad hdmi connector

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac book pro, 3.06Ghz intel core 2 due, 4gb memory,version 10.6.8 snow leopard
Hi all

I'm contemplating either to buy the apple tv for AirPlay with my new iPad (can I connect my 2010 MacBook pro to it") or should I just buy a hdmi connector and hdmi lead? If I go for the connector can anyone recommend a good one as on amazon they have very mixed reviews

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can't airplay a 2010 MBP out-of-the-box but you can get AirParrot which allows you to mirror your MBP to your TV over AirPlay via an AppleTV.

If you go down the cable route I'd get the genuine Apple adaptor and a generic HDMI lead.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks mrplow

Do you think it's worth getting the apple tv over the connector

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
All depends on your preference really.

I use my AppleTV for Netflix, photos, AirPlay. But one of the biggest bonuses is that others can use the AppleTV when i'm elsewhere with my iPad

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
True for movie watching, photos and games it would be a lot easier as I wouldn't be limited with the hdmi cable plus I can hook my MacBook up with that application you said.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.