Switch App Store Update Apple ID on Mac

Reaction score
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 -- running 10.7.4

My small business has a new iMac. I noticed it needed to update some programs, so I used my username and password to update the programs on the Mac App Store because my co-worker did not have an Apple ID. He got an Apple ID, and wants to use this ID for this business computer. However, we cannot update iPhoto and iMovie with his new ID because I updated it previously with my Apple ID.

Is there a way to change Apple ID and password associated with the Applications running on the iMac? We want it all to run on the same Apple ID and not on different accounts.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s
If the apps were bought at the app store then there is nothing you can do... the licence clearly states that the software is not transferable.

I'm not clear on how you were even able to use your ID for the updates if they were purchased with another ID...

OP
D
Reaction score
iMovie and iPhoto were packaged with the computer, so I did not purchase them. They come standard on a new iMac and with the OS, but the App store was asking for updating. And the purchaser did not have an Apple ID, so I used mine. Now he has an Apple ID, and wants it connected to his Apple ID. Nothing was purchased, merely updated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
But entering the ID to update you've linked those apps to that ID. As they were bundled with the Mac you may be able to contact Apple and explain the situation. They 'may' be able to resolve the issue but there's nothing you can do locally.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.