Network Adapter Not Showing Up in Windows 7 Bootcamp

Reaction score
I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate to my computer through bootcamp.

Everything is working great except for the fact that it cannot connect to the internet using the network adapter already in the computer. And by that, I mean that the Windows partition isn't recognizing the adapter at all. I have a wireless network set up in my home, and it can't see any of it.

I am running on a 2012 Macbook Pro 15". I have OS X Lion installed on my Mac side.

Any suggestions for solutions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Have you installed the Bootcamp driver disk that you needed to install?

Reaction score
I had this problem until I installed the drivers 'Windows Support Software' that you should've downloaded before starting the whole bootcamp. Don't worry if you forgot, simply power down the computer, hold Alt, start in Mac, start the Boot camp assistant and download the support software and burn it onto a DVD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can also save it to a thumb drive if you don't want to buy blank DVDs just to install the Bootcamp drivers.

OP
M
Reaction score
I did choose to download the Windows Support Software offered with Boot Camp Assistant. I'm not entirely sure where to find the software that was downloaded.

Also, I tried to plug in an ethernet cable from my modem to the mac when I was on the Windows side and I couldn't even get an internet connection with that.

I should probably find this Support Software...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, you NEED that software to install the drivers. You should be able to download it again by running the bootcamp assistant. When you first ran it, it should have asked you where to save the files to, but if you can't find them, just download again - just make sure to not have bootcamp assistant re prep the drive for re-installation of Windows. Once you have the drivers on the thumb drive (or DVD), boot into Windows and run the software from thumb or disc and install the drivers. That will get you network, sound, video drivers, etc.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the help.

Really, that was one of the nicest and most informative responses to anything I've ever asked for help with.

Reaction score
Thanks

I made my login just to say thanks.
It is a simple thing that we forgot to download. And mess it up the connection. I tried to download the BootCam all the versions and didn't work, download the drives (realtek), and many others things.
I Would like to add some key words that I was searching and google didn't shows me this link:

- Network adapter not showing up in windows

- this version of boot camp is not intended for this computer model

- No wifi detected in windows

- Networking hardware unavailable

- Windows did not detect any networking hardware windows

- Missing wireless icon or driver

- no connection available

Thanks a million

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Have not seen Nethfel about in a year or more and the thread is three years old.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.