Mountain Lion Mail in Notification Centre

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Intel Core i7 8GB 1067 MHz
Hi All,

Put Mountain lion on last night and got my emails etc setup through the mail app, i have checked through the settings and it is setup to send notifications to the new notification centre on the right hand side, but everytime i seem to get an email the notification centre does nothing at all.

I still get the email through the mail like normal i just thought if i was not looking at my emails it would pop up in the notification centre.

Any help would be great

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s
Mine works... but only if I close out the window of the mail app. Don't quit the app.. but close out the window. Hope that helps...

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I was testing that a bit ago and thought that it only worked if the window is not showing. The other thing to check is go into the notification center click on Mail and make sure the notification is not set to "None"

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is just the normal apple mail program? I minamize it down but still does not work. The emails will still come through as i see how many emails have come through on the dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is just the normal apple mail program? I minamize it down but still does not work. The emails will still come through as i see how many emails have come through on the dock.

Don't just minimize it to the dock, but close the window right out.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have done that still does not come up. How long do you have to wait and should the mail icon have a light underneath it still or does it need completley quitting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes the mail icon should have the light on. Otherwise you have quit the app. Did you check your settings under system preferences->notifications? Make sure Mail is in the list...

Reaction score
hmm I dont know guys I get the notification even if the app is open on the next desktop, say im using safari on desktop one and Mail on desktop 2 I still get the notification on desktop one wih Mail being open not even minimized or anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm I dont know guys I get the notification even if the app is open on the next desktop, say im using safari on desktop one and Mail on desktop 2 I still get the notification on desktop one wih Mail being open not even minimized or anything.

That's good to know, thanks!

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mail is in my list but still does nothing, i do have multiple mail accounts could that be why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I doubt it.. it works for me and I have 2 accounts. I notice it doesn't appear to work for me if I check it on my iphone first... could that be your issue? If not than I think I'm out of ideas...

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dont have an iphone but i do have an ipad so what do i need to do on the ipad to make it work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That I don't know... personally it doesn't bother me that much. If I've seen it on the phone then I don't need the notification...

Sorry if that's not real helpful. I'm just not sure yet about this whole notification business myself.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
how very weird, got home from work today and literally as i just come on the notifications for mail etc have started to work.

thanks for help

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I just saw a hint that might explain this about five minutes ago. I probably wouldn't describe it correctly so here's the link.

Reaction score
Mine's also not working.. Notifications are turned on for Mail, Messages, Calendars, & Reminders.
Mail rules are set to send Notifications.
The only notification I got is for a software update from the AppStore. Appstore isn't even in notifications.Completely confused as to why it's not working.. afaik I've all the appropriate boxes checked ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.