MB Pro erratic mouse pointer behavior.

Reaction score
I have a 13 inch MB Pro, 2.5 GhZ Core 2, 4 GB of Ram using OS 10.6.8. In the past week, the mouse pointer has developed a mind of its own. WITHOUT touching the track pad or the computer anywhere, the pointer will move across the screen in 1 to 1-1/2 inch jumps. When I try to use a program, the pointer will move around and sometimes click on applications or selections in drop down windows for no reason. As I type this post, pointer just scrolled to the bottom fo the page for no reason. Its like I have competition for control.

I disabled the blue tooth Magic Mouse and found no difference. I performed PRAM and SRAM resets, no cure. Disconected power source, no cure.

I have a test partition on my hard drive that allows me to start up the computer in the same OS. I dont notice the problem when I run in the test partition. Consequently, I do believe it is OS or software related.

ANY IDEAS? This is driving me insane.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.