23" cinema display backlight inverter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 Mac Pro 3,1: 3.2Ghz octo
I have A 23" clear plastic adc cinema display, I got it for free about a year ago because it would turn on sometimes, and sometimes it would come on only half lit or not at all. recently it started doing the short, short, long, blinking power light. I still want to fix this display because I also recently bought ($40) an apple adc to dvi adaptor and I want to use this display with my mac pro. after some research I found that the sequence of blinking lights mine is showing is supposed to mean a bad backlight inverter, I am wondering will this part fix it?

Apple 23" Cinema HD Display M8536 ADC Inverter Board | eBay

Thanks,
-Eddie

OP
Familyguy9877
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 Mac Pro 3,1: 3.2Ghz octo
I have A 23" clear plastic adc cinema display, I got it for free about a year ago because it would turn on sometimes, and sometimes it would come on only half lit or not at all. recently it started doing the short, short, long, blinking power light. I still want to fix this display because I also recently bought ($40) an apple adc to dvi adaptor and I want to use this display with my mac pro. after some research I found that the sequence of blinking lights mine is showing is supposed to mean a bad backlight inverter, I am wondering will this part fix it?

Apple 23" Cinema HD Display M8536 ADC Inverter Board | eBay

Thanks,
-Eddie

Update, every so often it wil light up for about half a second, I forgot to mention that.
Then after that it goes back to blinking power light of death.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.