iPhone 4 camera will not work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27inch iMac 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i5 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024MB
Are there any fixes after performing a master reset and a soft reset on a iPhone 4 when the camera does not work. Example: i can go into the camera and it will pull up, but the screen is distorted. There is also an issue with the phone powering off every once in awhile and will not turn on until some time after that. The phone is out of warrenty so im trying to fix it the best i can. any advise would be greatly appriciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Are there any fixes after performing a master reset and a soft reset on a iPhone 4 when the camera does not work. Example: i can go into the camera and it will pull up, but the screen is distorted. There is also an issue with the phone powering off every once in awhile and will not turn on until some time after that. The phone is out of warrenty so im trying to fix it the best i can. any advise would be greatly appriciated.

That sounds like a bad connection inside the phone. Partial or distorted image on CCTV for example is normally caused by a bad connection or wire and not software.

That said your phone powering off randomly could indicate that the charge protection circuit may have activated after seeing a prolonged run down or that there is a faulty connection within the internal power circuits.... or even something as 'straightforward' as a faulty or worn battery.

I would try giving the battery some TLC first...I use the Battery Doctor Pro app but there are others.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.