gave my wife my iMac...

Reaction score
Hello everyone... I'm a fairly new Mac user...

To make a long story short, I was debating between the iMac and the MacBook Pro (my wife wanted one too). I went with the iMac, but after about 2 weeks I decided I really wanted a laptop.

Since my wife wanted a Mac also, and wanted the iMac, I gave it to her and bought a MB Pro. I love my MB and have everything is set up properly. I've had it for about 3 months.

The problem is, my wife still has lingering issues with me setting up the iMac originally under my Apple ID and then trying to re-set it up under hers. My purchased music shows up, my ibooks (from my iPad), my apps, etc.

Today we both upgraded to Mountain Lion, but she can't update Apple Apps (such as iPhoto and iMovie) because they say they were purchased under another Apple ID (mine). Both of those apps were actually free with the iMac.

Everywhere I look it seems to indicate she is the account owner. Her Apple ID, her name, etc. Does anyone have any advice on how she can get rid of my information?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Why not share your Apple ID for apps and such? Otherwise you'll be paying twice for when you both want the same apps.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I can appreciate the logic, but this syncs everything... safari bookmarks and even my documents in iPages and such now that we have Mountain Lion. I think at this point she's just looking to take over her own Mac and I wondered if anyone had any ideas...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Open iCloud in System Prefs and turn off the stuff you don't want to share.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.