Sparrow Mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro, iphone4gs, iPad 3g
I am using Mail for log time now, but since lyon does not let me create pop accounts and i dont wnt 5000 mails showned in may accounts, i would like to know if Sparrow is a good alternaticve. I tryed and work fine with pop accounts, but cannot let create intelligent mail boxes and rules. I dont know how to replace this particularities of the program. Anyone caan help how to organize the folders with labels i dont know how to use it. Thank you for your attention. REGARDS.
MARTIN:Oops:

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with Sparrow, but is there a reason that you need to stay with a POP email account? There is so many free IMAP providers out there and IMAP synchronizes nicely between different devices.

In case you think everybody has your current email address and you don't want to miss emails from those: Let's say you sign up for a Gmail account, you can connect your new account to your old email address so everything arriving at your old address get's forwarded to your new account. You won't lose any emails...

To solve your problem: By creating a new IMAP email account you can keep on using Apple Mail and Smart Mailboxes.

Hope that helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I don't believe Sparrow works with POP emails. Aside from that, Sparrow is a dead app. The developers were bought by Google, and have said that further development on Sparrow is not happening.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro, iphone4gs, iPad 3g
Thank you so much for your kind responses. My wish is to create POP account with Mac Mail but apparently this is not posible. My email address are 3 gmail accounts. I check in Account settings to receive pop mails instead of IMAP and despise that I cannot create a pop account. Do you by chance know how can I do this? Thank you again for your kind responses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
The standard Apple Mail app can do POP email addresses. I use it with a POP account. You have to select the account type as you are setting it up.

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your kind responses. My wish is to create POP account with Mac Mail but apparently this is not posible. My email address are 3 gmail accounts. I check in Account settings to receive pop mails instead of IMAP and despise that I cannot create a pop account. Do you by chance know how can I do this? Thank you again for your kind responses.

Just wondering why you are not using IMAP if you are on Gmail. I find it so much more comfortable than POP. Everything synchronizes nicely between all devices, you can use calendars, ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.