Hi all

Looking for Admin Utility for Snow Leapord, can only find basic Airport Utility

G

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I don't think there has been a specific update for the Airport Utility under Snow Leopard. Version 6.1 should be fine under SL. I'm sure the previous version 5.something worked under SL.

OP
georgelza
Reaction score
Hi there

6.1 is the basic Airport Utility, I'm looking for the admin utility, suppose to have more functionality.

G

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Airport Utility IS the "Airport Admin Utility". The name was simply changed.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi there

6.1 is the basic Airport Utility, I'm looking for the admin utility, suppose to have more functionality.

G
What function are you looking for? I have both versions perhaps I still have 5.5.1 install on one partition with 6.1 on another maybe I can find what you are looking for.

@Dysfunction Thanks for posting that. I checked mmy install earlier to be sure but had not posted yet.

OP
georgelza
Reaction score
Hi there

Guess i'm looking for similar functionality as on my Netgear unit, ability to select devices via MAC address thats allowed to connect, configure static IP ranges, maybe some firewall settings.
now it could be because I configured the unit to simply extend another wifi network that this functionality is disabled...

G

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Would have answered sooner but I saw your post too late last night to respond to anything that actually required thought.

I think that is it. If I use the Admin Utility to take my Time Capsule out of bridge mode and set it as though I am creating a new network the settings you want are active.

I used the current version 6.1 I think but the same should be true for the previous version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.