• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Mountain Lion up-to-date program is now live

Reaction score
Mountain Lion up-to-date program is now live

0725mluptodate.jpg

For those who qualify, Apple's up-to-date program for OS X Mountain Lion is now live. Those who purchased a qualifying new computer or refurbished machine from June 11 through July 25 have until August 24 to file for a redemption code that can be used in the Mac App Store. Computers purchased after today have 30 days to file for a redemption code if Mountain Lion wasn't already installed on your machine.

To complete the form, you will need to know the day you purchased the machine and the serial number. Fill out the forms, the code will be emailed to you, and then you can enjoy your new copy of Mountain Lion!

Mountain Lion up-to-date program is now live originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

SourceÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5
And Mountain Lion is now live on both my 2011 21.5-inch iMac and my 2009 13-inch MacBook Pro. No issues so far. Everything feels faster; Lightroom 4 is converting files from TIFF to JPEG in half the time (one second each) as before. Opening apps is scary fast on my MBP with the SSD. Might be time to break down and send my iMac to OWC to get an SSD installed, although the stock 500GB drive feels plenty fast now. I'd love to see how fast this computer would be with an internal SSD.

Interestingly, the install took half the time on my MBP as it did on the iMac. Goes to show what an SSD can do for disk I/O.

I'll let y'all know if I run into any problems.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Has anyone else gotten their confirmation email back yet? Apple needs to click faster! I submitted mine around noon EST.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 2.3ghz I7 16Gb Ram 256Gb Flash Nvidia Gt 650M
Has anyone else gotten their confirmation email back yet? Apple needs to click faster! I submitted mine around noon EST.
Arh! I am not on my own! I too am still waiting for a confirmation email.:D
Matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

Yep. I'm letting the Mountain Lion installer sit on my computer until I can create an install USB for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Yep. I'm letting the Mountain Lion installer sit on my computer until I can create an install USB for it.

WE are doing a forum blog post on that as soon as I can download it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Just submitted my request - if you guys haven't gotten it yet - then I'm gonna stop hitting refresh on my email client :p

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I submitted mine about half an hour ago. I suppose the delay will give me ample time to create a comprehensive backup since I'll likely be doing a clean install.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Arh! I am not on my own! I too am still waiting for a confirmation email.:D
Matt
Well now I don't feel as bad since we're all suffering together!

So what time do you think you filled out the form to get your redemption code?

WE are doing a forum blog post on that as soon as I can download it

Oh good, I saw another site doing it I was hoping we'd have our own to post.

Just submitted my request - if you guys haven't gotten it yet - then I'm gonna stop hitting refresh on my email client :p

I think I have all my email clients set to check NOW! :p

I submitted mine about half an hour ago. I suppose the delay will give me ample time to create a comprehensive backup since I'll likely be doing a clean install.

Oh that's such a good idea, it slipped my mind. I better get on that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
So what time do you think you filled out the form to get your redemption code?

Around 9 AM EST. It took maybe an hour for me to get the email. I have now made the bootable USB and performed a straight "upgrade" install. The USB drive is there "just in case."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Six hours and waiting for the confirmation email Down Under.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Around 9 AM EST. It took maybe an hour for me to get the email. I have now made the bootable USB and performed a straight "upgrade" install. The USB drive is there "just in case."

Were you apart of the group of people who filled out the form when Apple launched the update program to the website early? If you are, you are very lucky you weren't one of those people who got the "code already taken" error. I've been seeing tweets about that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Were you apart of the group of people who filled out the form when Apple launched the update program to the website early? If you are, you are very lucky you weren't one of those people who got the "code already taken" error. I've been seeing tweets about that.

No, it was clear that the form being up earlier than advertised was unintended on Apple's part, and I didn't want to risk my Mountain Lion voucher on the remote possibility of a glitch working out nicely.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Well, I submitted my request yesterday afternoon and I'm still sitting here waiting for it. I'm glad I don't have to do this with every OS X release.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
possible waiting time is 72 hours. has been waiting for 24 hrs.
They know it is freebie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 2012 11.6 inch 4GB Ram 64 GB SSD
i have been waiting 24h now........"HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO TAKE"....king Julian lol

Reaction score
possible waiting time is 72 hours. has been waiting for 24 hrs.
They know it is freebie.

They know it's free and that with some people, if Apple waits long enough that person might just buy them upgrade anyway to speed things up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
Let us see who hold the longest waiting period ? mine 26 hours, still counting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 2012 11.6 inch 4GB Ram 64 GB SSD
Let us see who hold the longest waiting period ? mine 26 hours, still counting.

I am going back to sleep.....and when i wake up........I WILL still be waiting :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
Treated as second class citizen by apple, that is all I can say, keep waiting till the code comes, folks,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.