• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Mountain Lion up-to-date program is now live

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Treated as second class citizen by apple, that is all I can say, keep waiting till the code comes, folks,
Treated as second class? I'm not sure how getting something for free that everyone else has to pay for makes you a "second class citizen."

For those of you complaining that you haven't got it, just remember that Apple has every right to make you pay for this. Perhaps you should be happy that you get it for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
Treated as second class? I'm not sure how getting something for free that everyone else has to pay for makes you a "second class citizen."

For those of you complaining that you haven't got it, just remember that Apple has every right to make you pay for this. Perhaps you should be happy that you get it for free.
I would not have bought my macbook prior to ml release date, had I know I have to go through
such delay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Delay lol?? Also 24 hours Down Under not expecting anything before the weekend.

How many lodgements do you think Apple received for the free update? 56? 75? What? Millions!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
by any chance you have to submit invoice in jpg format to apply for the free grade ? that is what they ask for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Yes and you get a code back in response. Then await second half of code by email to redeem.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I submitted the form just before noon on release day. But Apple is telling people 24-72 hours that they'll have to wait. But I'm searching on Twitter, and I see quite a few more people claiming they are receiving theirs today. It seems like the average wait is going to be more than 48 hours.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It seems like the average wait is going to be more than 48 hours.
Looks like I'll have no choice but to wait until the weekend then. I'm all prepped but by the time I get the code, I'm going to have to redo part of my backups.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I just got my code just a few minutes ago. I submitted my application about 11a on release day.

And I also read that Apple is approving these abodes manually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.4GHz i7 16GB, 17" MBP 2.2 GHz 7 8GB 12TB Pegasus Ext Drv
Glad to see the codes are coming through. I do not remember hearing about the "delays" with Lion. Looking forward to upgrading when the dust settles a bit. I will have to buy mine this time. my macs were in the "Free" zone with Lion. I will be looking close for the reports.
Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
Wow! I clicked on it in the app store. It downloaded and that was that. I didn't get any emails or vouchers or anything else. Is it going to crash & burn on me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
Oh, I get it. You got free copies. I didn't. Just plunked down the ole' credit card.

Reaction score
I think wiser is the guy who waits for other to come up with minor/major flow of ML then try it on own baby...
i think iwill wait for 1 15 days
i saw some hiccups by user but no one said that it is much better to use then previus versions
anyone has idea what is extra ordinarily different or superior in ML

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Doh - I put in my ship date not my purchase date. I just re-applied with the proper purchase date and got the codes in a few hours.

Reaction score
now all of you have got ML
i am OSX lion user
anybody know any distinct advantage of ML over OSXLION????

in short why to upgrade???

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We can't decide that for you - only you can answer that question. Take a look here to see if something piques your interest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
now all of you have got ML
i am OSX lion user
anybody know any distinct advantage of ML over OSXLION????

in short why to upgrade???
There are few advantages to me, reminder is one, notes is another one and dictation is the best of all.
To me Apple will guide you to the so called 'promised land', to improve and make life easier for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.