Ichat Drag And Drop Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 15inch powerbook
My cousin just bought a new imac and for some reason when i try to send a file to him using ichat he can't get it. The only thing he gets is the blue "?". When he tries to send me a file, by dragging the file into the ichat window, Ichat refuses to accept the file into the window. Why won't Ichat allow him to drag a file into a chat window? I'm sure it's some type of security setting or something but I just can't seem to find the setting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What kind of file are you trying to send?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
It happens to me on occasion, just have him drag and drop the file to your username in his buddy list, not in the chat window. Hope that helps.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 15inch powerbook
iWhat said:
It happens to me on occasion, just have him drag and drop the file to your username in his buddy list, not in the chat window. Hope that helps.

I'll have to try that and see if that works. Why do you think I can't send him anything? It seems to go through on my end but all he sees is a blue "?"?

S

supremeoverlord

it may have to do with his connection speed or maybe some firewall issue, my brother couldn't get some of my files because he was dial-up

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 15inch powerbook
supremeoverlord said:
it may have to do with his connection speed or maybe some firewall issue, my brother couldn't get some of my files because he was dial-up

i don't think it's a connection speed problem. We were both on a cable connection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.