Uninstall Google Chrome

Reaction score
I am not given permission to uninstall Google Chrome. In Finder it says: The item “Google Chrome” can’t be moved to the Trash because it can’t be deleted.

Is there any other way to uninstall?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27 3.8, Ipad 3, MacBook Pro 15"retina, iPhone 5
is chrome running in the background. if so it can't be dragged to trash
i dragged mine too trash a few days ago without any problems
i used to love chrome on windows and hated safari. now its the other way around
using track pad to pinch view is very sluggish on chrome on mac, but not in safari

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Shut down Chrome first, otherwise you can't trash it. Shut it down and reboot. Then drag it to the Trash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27 3.8, Ipad 3, MacBook Pro 15"retina, iPhone 5
Shut down Chrome first, otherwise you can't trash it. Shut it down and reboot. Then drag it to the Trash.

make sure it is not set to auto login at start up, or you will have same problem

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you all! Though I haven't used Chrome in months, and I thought I had already uninstalled, it suddenly popped up again on my dock. But it's all for the best, as I wasn't aware that it was in use. Now I followed your instructions, and I finally unistalled it. I too prefer Safari now. Thanks for your help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.