Uninstalled Adobe Reader, Preview no longer work in Safari

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I recently uninstalled Adobe Reader and now when I open a PDF in safari, preview doesn't open. I just get a grey screen with nothing. Can someone please tell me how to restore Preview as the default program to open when working with PDF's?

Thank you! :D

OP
D
Reaction score
Nevermind! I was able to figure it out!

Thank you. Please close this thread.

Reaction score
How about specifying what you did in case someone else has this problem?
(threads don't get deleted here unless they're spam or obscene)

OP
D
Reaction score
How about specifying what you did in case someone else has this problem?
(threads don't get deleted here unless they're spam or obscene)

Oh Ok I didn't know they didn't get closed. Anyways...what I did was use an app called "appcleaner"---> AppCleaner (Mac) - Download

Upon opening the app...I clicked on "others" at the top of the application....the first few items should list "Adobe..."...searched those files and anything related to PDF/Reader...

Clicked Delete to remove all associated files, and upon doing so it automatically restored Preview back to safari as the default when opening PDF files!

:) Hope this helps!

Reaction score
It worked

Thanks, it helped me a lot!!

Oh Ok I didn't know they didn't get closed. Anyways...what I did was use an app called "appcleaner"---> AppCleaner (Mac) - Download

Upon opening the app...I clicked on "others" at the top of the application....the first few items should list "Adobe..."...searched those files and anything related to PDF/Reader...

Clicked Delete to remove all associated files, and upon doing so it automatically restored Preview back to safari as the default when opening PDF files!

:) Hope this helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.