Removing Programs?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having a problem removing a media player from my HD. It's the Sky Go Player that Sky anytime+ provides in Ireland ( and England I presume? ).
The problem started when I tried to open the player only to have it open up a blank white window. After retrying it a few times I decided to uninstall it so I could reinstall it from Sky's website.
Now when I try and install the player again it is telling me I can't have the Sky Go desktop more than once on my mac. This obviously means the program is still on the HD but I can't find any evidence of it?
I emptied the trash so can't go back on my steps. I've searched for Sky Go and according to that search there is nothing on the mac?
Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks for your time folks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
How do you uninstall?

I'd recommend using a free app called AppCleaner

Also, you may have two things are work here. There's a limit to the devices that can be used on SkyGo but without knowing exactly when you're getting the error I can't tell if this is part of the issue

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi mrplow, I just clicked and dragged it to the trash.

I know the 2 device limit for SkyGo, thats not the problem. I'll give AppCleaner a shot.

Cheers mate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Others have written here and elsewhere that third party uninstallers don't really do a complete job all the time. The best way to delete is manual deletion, but you have to know where everything is that is related to the app. The second best way is to use the app's own uninstaller.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.