Looking for a web "read it later" app.

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
I seen several (Pocket, Instapaper, and Readability for example) and tried one (Pocket). Pocket did not do what I need, not sure of the others.

I'm finding that many web sites now stretch articles over multiple pages. Safari in reader mode knows to link them together (most of the time), but Pocket does not. I'd really rather not have to open each page and "save" it.

Anybody know of a web "read it later" app that does this?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. I must be missing something.

If you're wanting to read it later on the web in just it's text form etc (from your desktop/notebook) you can use Safaris Reader or Readability, as you've already noted.

But if if you're wanting to read these things on mobile then Pocket works perfectly. But then so does Instapaper and Readability.

I'm think I'm missing what issue you're actually having.

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
Many articles are continued onto another web page. Safari in reader mode will account for that and combine them, but not offline (well, it will but the number of open tabs are limited). Pocket does not, so I would have to step through each page and save it for later. Not worth the effort at this point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can look at Instapaper and Readability but Pocket does cache multi-page articles for offline viewing with the caveat being you have to use Firefox with the Pocket add-in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.